NOTICE UNDER PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 ("the Act"), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to IVAN YOUNG ("IVAN YOUNG", "our", "us" or "we"). For the purpose of this Notice, the terms "Personal Data" and "Processing" shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
Written notice serves to inform you that your Personal Data is being processed by or on behalf of IVAN YOUNG
2. DESCRIPTION OF DATA
The Personal Data processed by us may include (but are not limited to):
- National Registration Identification Card number / passport number
- Contact Number
- Address (mailing and e-mail)
- Employer’s details
- Security recordings
- Images (photographs and video recordings)
- Other information that we have requested for in our forms that you have completed including your sensitive Personal Data such as your religion, health condition and criminal record (if any) provided by you in the documents as prescribed in paragraph 4 of this notice.
The processing of the personal data as provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data, we process your Personal Data, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, for the following purposes ("Purposes"):-
- Performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is a party
- Taking of steps at the Data Subject’s request with a view to entering into a contract
- Conducting of our internal activities
- Performance of your responsibilities and duties as counterpart of the agreement
- Performance of such other functions as Dealer or Contractor, within the ambit authorized by us
- Communication purposes
- Detection and prevention of fraud and/or illegal activities
- Market analysis, research and customer profiling to study market trends
- Customer support and after-sales services
- Participation in any contest, event and / or membership program
- Invitations to exclusive events, information on promotions and offers, sending magazines and / or newsletter
- Responding to enquiries, comments and suggestions
- Such other purposes as may be related to the foregoing
4. MODE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Data is and will be collected from you and/or from the information you have provided in our [sales purchase order form/comment card/indemnity form] and any other IVAN YOUNG forms that you have been asked to complete, together with any other information that we may obtain about you from any oral or written communications.
5. ACCESS, CORRECTIONS AND COMPLAINTS
If you would like to make any enquiries or complaints, or request for access to or update and/or amend any of your Personal Data, or limit the processing of your Personal Data at any time hereafter, please do so by submitting such request to us via:
- IVAN YOUNG’s Person In Charge:
- Telephone: +6010 242 4895
- Email: [email protected]
6. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Your personal data provided to us may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties (in or outside of Malaysia) as required under the law or pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes or directly related to the purposes stated. For the Purposes stated in Item 3 above, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties:
- IVAN YOUNG’s Bankers/Solicitors/Insurers
- our related companies
- all governmental and/or quasi-governmental departments and/or agencies
- regulatory and/or statutory bodies
- business partners and/or service providers
- any other third party that you have requested or authorized us to disclose your Personal Data for the above purposes or for any other purposes for which your Personal Data would be disclosed at the time of its collection or any other purposes directly related to any of the above Purposes.
- We may disclose the Personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to:-
- comply with the requirements of any law enforcement agency,
- court order or legal process; or
- protect and defend rights or property of IVAN YOUNG, its personnel and its related and/or group of companies.
7. FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
You are neither bound nor obligated to provide us the Personal Data. However, if you fail to supply to us the above Personal Data, we may not be able to process your Personal Data for any of the above Purposes.
8. ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF PERSONAL DATA
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data you provide us is accurate, complete and not misleading and that such Personal Data is kept up to date.
9. PREVALENCE OF ENGLISH VERSION
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
IVAN YOUNG may modify or update this notice to reflect any changes to its privacy practices, without prior notice and any such amendment will be notified via our website. We trust that you consent and agree to the terms above with respect to our processing of your personal information. If you do not consent to the above, kindly contact us at the above mentioned.